THE MALAWI GOLD COOPERATIVE
Cannabis cultivation can be a capital-intensive endeavor for smallholder farmers. Challenges such as obtaining licenses, acquiring knowledge on growing cannabis, sourcing seeds and inputs for cultivation, processing, and finding a market for the harvest can be daunting. At Malawi Gold Limited, we have a deliberate policy to work with local farmers who organize into cooperatives. We provide support in the form of training, inputs, processing, and an outlet for their cash crop. Currently, we are working with interested farmers in Kasungu and Mchinji where our training centers are located.
Our main objective is to train and support local cooperatives, equipping them with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in the cannabis industry. This results in a win-win business relationship.
Our specific objectives are to:
- Involve smallholder farmers in the cannabis cultivation industry.
- Pool resources together and support each other in overcoming various challenges.
- Increase visibility and strengthen our capacity to negotiate for better prices.
- Foster a sense of ownership among farmers, as they are not employees of Malawi Gold Limited, the license provider.
- Maintain a transparent fee structure with fixed costs.
Interested in Joining a Cooperative?
Would you like to know more about how you can work with us through a cooperative? Those interested in joining in as investors can reach us at email@example.com