THE MALAWI GOLD COOPERATIVE
Cannabis Cultivation can be capital intensive for the smallholder farmer. There are headaches such as obtaining licenses, lacking knowledge of how to grow cannabis, getting seeds and inputs for cultivation, processing, and finding the market for the harvest. Through this effort, InteGrow Capital Group has a deliberate policy to work with local farmers who organize into cooperatives. We provide support in form of training, inputs, processing, and an outlet for the cash crop. We are currently working with interested farmers in Kasungu and Mchinji where the training centers are located.
Our main objective is to train and support local cooperatives to equip them with the knowledge to succeed in the cannabis industry resulting in a win-win business relationship.
- To involve smallholder farmers in the Cannabis cultivation industry
- Pull resources together and support each other with various challenges
- Get increased visibility, and a stronger capacity to negotiate for prices
- Have a sense of ownership as farmers are not employees of license provider InteGrow Capital
- The transparent fee structure on fixed costs